The new Viasat WiFi Gateway modem has a lot in common with its predecessor, but its innovative design gives it the power to keep pace with the latest ViaSat satellite. It combines a modem and built-in wireless router that powers your home WiFi network, and is designed to optimize our optional Viasat Voice home phone service.
Plus the state-of-the-art WiFi Gateway Modem’s unique triangular shape provides more ventilation than a flat surface, so it can dissipate heat more efficiently than other designs, keeping the modem from overheating. The WiFi Gateway Modem is designed to decode the complex signals and quickly route the resulting data from our powerful ViaSat-2 satellite, built on a high-power platform. The shape’s sleek modern design keeps it cool, stable and secure, while its wider footprint creates space inside so the internal antennas can be positioned for optimal WiFi reach.
Inside the WiFi Gateway
As unique as its appearance is, the technology inside the Viasat WiFi Gateway Modem is what really sets it apart from other traditional routers. The Modem operates on the latest 802.11ac protocol, while the antenna design enables the same fast speeds and broad coverage available in the majority of WiFi routers offered by electronics retailers. It also broadcasts on both 2.4 and 5 gigahertz (GHz) frequency bands. The ability to use both bands means that devices can connect to the frequency band with the best connection.
Further boosting the WiFi Gateway’s performance, it the built-in wireless technology that uses multiple transmitters and receivers to transfer a high volume of data simultaneously. The device is capable of 3×3 Multi-User, Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MU-MIMO), which transmits and receives three simultaneous streams on information. Altogether, it’s a powerful device to support your Viasat internet service in your home and manage multiple devices, Internet of Things (IoT) gizmos and gadgets and lots more.
The Viasat WiFi Gateway Modem includes three vital connections in one sleek triangular box: the modem that connects to the dish via a short cable, a state-of-the-art wireless router and a Viasat Voice VoIP phone adapter.
What’s Included with the Viasat WiFi Modem
- Modem: The Viasat Modem is the main device needed for your Viasat internet service. The modem connects to the Viasat satellite dish on the outside of your home via the coaxial cable connector.
- Wireless Router: The router is the device that allows users to share your service among multiple connected devices — computers, laptops, mobile devices, Smart TVs, etc. — vs a traditional stand-alone unit that requires a cable connection between the router and modem. Viasat’s built-in WiFi router creates a high-speed wireless network for your home.
- RJ11 Phone Jack & Viasat Voice Adapter: Viasat’s VoIP home phone service adapter is built into the modem — even if you choose not to order Viasat Voice — so you no longer need a separate adapter to connect to your phone or base station. If you ever decide you’d like to add Viasat Voice, the modem is all ready to go!
- 2 Ethernet Ports: If you prefer to connect your computers or other devices with an Ethernet cable, the Viasat WiFi Modem has 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports; available. With a Gigabit Ethernet you can transfer files as fast as one gigabit per second between compatible electronic devices.
- Cut the Cord: Those looking to “go cordless” will love the combination of a modem, wireless router, Ethernet router & phone adapter all in ONE single compact device. No more endless cords and tangled wires.
- Other Features: For your convenience there are 2 USB Ports (which can be used for device charging), a DC Power Input, Coax Cable Connector and a Reset Button.
- 24/7 Customer Support: As with all Viasat products, the Viasat Modem includes 24/7 U.S. based tech support.
Cut the Cord with Viasat!
Cut the Cord with Viasat’s built-in wireless router and ditch all that messy clutter. Our wireless modem makes creating a high-speed WiFi network in your home quick & easy. Connect to multiple devices with your Viasat service: including computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and TVs, PLUS home devices, such as security cameras, thermostats, smart appliances & MORE! Simplify your internet experience while eliminating the clutter!
Viasat WiFi Gateway Modem Technical Specs:
- WiFi: 802.11ac 3×3 MU-MIMO 2.4/5.0 Dual-band, Dual-concurrent WiFi router
- Ports & Processor: 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports; Quad-core processor, Coax connection to satellite dish; universal power supply
- Wireless Security: Supports WEP and WPA security standards
- Other Features: RJ11 phone jack for Viasat Voice, 2 USB 3.0 ports (can be used for charging devices), Guest access network capability, Parental controls, universal AC power supply
Get Viasat's new UNLIMITED data plans today and get professional installation! All your equipment will be provided and professionally installed by a Viasat-certified technician. When you sign up for your Viasat internet service, your technician will arrive with all NEW equipment, including your Viasat satellite dish, receiver & modem. PLUS, order now and get three month's of Viasat EasyCare service FREE!
Get Viasat Internet. Here. There. Anywhere.
Get Viasat NOW! Call 1-844-4GETNET (1-844-443-8638) to find out what unlimited data plans & special offers are currently available in your area.
|2 EASY WAYS TO ORDER!|